In SharePoint development world, Visual Studio extensions for Windows SharePoint Services (VSeWSS) is incredibly helps our tasks. However the default installation package only allows us to installed in 32bit OS. Previously – if you want to install it in 64bit OS , you have to do manual installation step which include extracting – modifying and re-package again. Now finally the CTP of VSeWSS 1.3 has been born to the world – and it support installation on 64 bit OS.
Some other new exciting features include:
- Command line build option for TFS and MSBuild integration
- SPSolGen now supports exporting from publishing site
- Automatically remove conflicted features
- Increase visibility of hidden features that VSeWSS creates
- Add fast update to deploy only the DLL or changed files to solutions
- Possibility to build WSS without deploying
- New item template for RootFiles deployment
- WSP Feature Dialog Improvment – ex. merge feature, possibly to define scope, receiver etc
It’s an CTP but worth to try ? Download it here! If you have any feedbacks, just drop the email to the team before 26th January 2009.