This is graphical guidelines to disable My Site or My Profile link in a portal.
1. Open Central Administration , and click on “Manage service applications”.
2. Open Central Administration , and click on “Manage service applications”.
3. Click on “Manage User Permissions”
4. Remove “Use Personal Features” permission for the Groups/Users.
5. If you can’t see the new rules being reflected in the site. You can restart “User Profile Service”
6. And now, the users will not be able to see My Site / My Profiles link.