Some of you may be not aware that we can use SharePoint List for Visio Diagram data source. So how can we configure SharePoint List for Visio Diagram data source?
Following steps demonstrate how to do it using SharePoint 2010 and Visio 2010, however it also applies to SharePoint 2007 or Visio 2007.
- Open Visio (.vsd) file.
- On Data tab, and Link Data to Shapes.
- On Data Selector window, choose Microsoft SharePoint Foundation list.
- Type SharePoint website URL
Note: Enter username and password combination if necessary.
- Choose SharePoint list that you want to use, then click Next and Finish.
- You will return to the main Visio diagram with data table from SharePoint list. Then you can use the table (linked-to-SharePoint List) as data source for your diagram.