SSP: How to add new profile property mapping
When you work with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS 2007), you’ll find that one of its component is User Profiles synchronization. The User Profiles synchronization is maintained by Shared Service Provider (SSP). It synchronized MOSS user profile with Active Directory profiles.
There are around 46 predefined profile with 21 are mapped to AD property.
Some of you might have an idea that you can add the new profile or change how it mapped to AD property. But how would you do it? Its not complex task, but I would like to make it graphical how-to.
1. Open SSP Administration page and click on User profiles and properties.
2. On “User profiles and properties” page, click on “Add profile property”
3. On “Add user profile property” page, define the new profile. I put yellow mark on the important things,
- Name : Fieldname for new profile property
- Display Name : Display name for new profile property
- Type : Field type
- Source Data Connection : Profile property mapping definition
4. Finally, after you define the mapping in “Source Data Connection” you can click OK. Do full import to update current profiles with the new profile property.