User have been assigned only Contribute access to a Notebook in SharePoint, but user should not have access to the site.
- User can open the Notebook from Web Application, and start contributing
- User can not open the Notebook from OneNote desktop app with error “We couldn’t find a notebook at https://… A notebook usually has a table of contents file (*.onennotc or *.onennotc2)”Â
- User can not see the files in Document Library (of the Notebook) via Windows Explorer
- Disable “Limited-access user permission lockdown mode” , site collection feature (option 1)
- Share OneNote table of content files individually to the user