January 2018 SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 Update
There are to 2 KB released in January 2018:
SharePoint Server 2016
SharePoint Server 2016 MUI/language patch
- Security updates to resolve vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if user open a specially crafted Office file.
- Improvement and fixes for nonsecurity issue in SharePoint Server 2016
- Improvement and fixes for nonsecurity issues in Project Server 2016
- Improve the translation for Find a file search box in Catalan version of SharePoint 2016 language pack
- Translates the Learn More information and link texts in multiple languages for the self-service site creation feature in Admin site
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate
- Install all patches including MUI/language patch, search for correct language according to your farm language
- Some patch releases without MUI/language patch
- Install patch in all servers and skip running configuration wizard
- After patch has been installed in all server, run psconfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force -cmd installfeatures -cmd secureresources -cmd applicationcontent. Start the upgrade command in the server hosting Central Administration.